Q: Where is NBL located?
A: in Ueda city, Nagano prefecture
Ueda is a good place!
- 200km from Tokyo (80min by the bullet train)
- Population of 150,000
- Gorgeous mountains and nature
- Student friendly atmosphere with universities and colleges
- Hosts a good number of international students
Because Ueda city is not big,
You will find a lot of time for yourself.
- You can walk or bike to school.
- You can walk of bike to your part-time jobs, too.
You won’t feel lonely.
- Friends are always around.
- It takes minutes to get to school and talk to teachers when you need.
90.9%* of NBL students get a job offer
Whether to get a job or enter a Japanese university, NBL teachers will guide you through.
Two years at NBL, and then?
After graduating from NBL, some stay in Nagano and others move to elsewhere, like Tokyo and Osaka.
NBL graduates are successful in various places in Japan. Study hard with us for two years, and you can go anywhere you want in this country.
Prefectures moved to after graduating
MANABI外語学院 長野校 出身
Departments and Courses
Global Business Department
Study business and brush up Japanese for a career opportunity.
Global Business Course
A course with students of various nationalities. The study ranges from business management and marketing, to project work. You can continue to study Japanese to pursue for JLPT N1 and N2, to achieve the final goal: to get employed in Japan.
Perfect if interested in working in a hotel.
Tourism Hospitality Course
The course is designed for those who want to work in a hotel in Japan. The study includes Japanese manners and appropriate usage of the language. You will be offered opportunities to work part-time or internship in a resort hotel in Nagano. Hotels in Japan now have great possibilities regardless of nationalities.
International Communication Department
Khóa thông dịch Nhật Việt
Japanese-Vietnamese Translation Course
Rèn luyện chuyên sâu kỹ năng đa ngôn ngữ và văn hóa. Trở thành thông dịch viên / phiên dịch viên hoạt động độc lập hoặc làm cho các công ty quan hệ giữa Việt Nam và Nhật Bản.
Get JLPT and TOEIC to pursue a career in Japan.
English Career Course
A lot of English classes. Students study for TOEIC and JLPT, in order for a good position in a company or entering/transferring to a four-yesr university. You will be surrounded with Japanse students, who are the majority in this course. This course is for those who already have JLPT N2 or above.
Q: What time does the class start?
A: It depends on the course and the year you are in. The class time is 90minutes, and you will take 15 classes a week. Saturdays and Sundays are off.
Q: Do you have long vacations?
A: Yes. You can work 40 hours a week during the summer, winter and spring vacations.
- Summer vacation: early August to mid October
- Winter vacation: late December to early January
- Spring vacation: mid March to early April
Life and Financing
Q: Could I get a part-time job in Ueda?
A: Yes. Ueda city is full of international students working part-time.
There are a lot of part-time opportunities in places like convenience stores, restaurants, shopping malls and factories. Many students find themselves working comfortably together with NBL schoolmates. On weekends and vacations, you can work or do internship at a resort hotel, too.
Q: Any student dormitory available?
A: Yes, there are two. Both are new and in walking distance from school.
- Triple room 32,000yen/month
- Twin room 39,000yen or 43,000yen/month
- Single room 65,000yen/month
A lot of inexpensive apartments are available in Ueda, too.
Apartments are everywhere in Ueda, and a lot of NBL students choose to rent it. Some students pay only around 20,000yen for their rent.
Q: Would the tuition fees be lowered?
A: There are reductions and exemptions for qualified students.
- Early application (by December 23): 60,000yen off
- 95% attendance: 100,000yen off
- Currently live outside Nagano: 50,000yen off
- High Japansese proficiency: 100,000yen or 150,000yen off
*Without reduction and exemption, 860,000yen first year (760,000yen second year)
Q: When do I pay?
A: You pay 300,000yen to 510,000yen (or all the tuition) before school starts.
- 「入学手続き期限」Admission deadline => Pay the enrollment fee 100,000yen
- 「初回学費納入期限」Deadline for the first payment => Pay part of tuition 200,000yen to 410,000yen*
- The remaining tuition amount will be paid before June 24, 2022*
*The amount of the first payment varies depending on the reductions and exemptions that apply to you.
*If payment is divided, 10,000yen is additionally charged.
Application and Admission
About the exam.
Examination has three processes.
- Document screening
- A written test for Japanese proficiency*
- An interview
*Students with JLPT N2 or above are exempted from the Japanese test.
Examination fee is 20,000yen
You pay the examination fee before submitting application documents.
Exams can be taken at NBL, in Tokyo or online.
Test Veune in Ueda (@NBL)
Test Veune in Tokyo (Ikebukuro)